- 1,870 Posts
Question on restoring apps from a backup
I have My Backup Pro on my phone for my backup app. I am wondering if I restore and app from the backup is it like restoring it from scratch or is it better to reinstall an app directly from the Google Play Store?
Deb from my Note 2Deb
Save a life & make your life better.
Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
- 02-13-2014, 03:06 AM #2
- 02-13-2014, 08:42 PM #3
Re: Question on restoring apps from a backup
I usually keep backups every time they "change" the app,so I can revert to the one that actually works if they messed it up. But if I restore, like to a new phone, I use the local copy - why waste the download time? Installing a backup of the current version or downloading it and then installing it is the same thing to the phone. (But restoring Maps 4 versus installing Maps 7 is different - in the first case you get a working program, in the second you get something even its mother couldn't come close to liking.)
- By queeniema in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 19Last Post: 11-09-2014, 05:59 PM
- By wigwam3 in forum ASUS MeMO Pad HD7Replies: 5Last Post: 02-14-2014, 08:20 PM
- By ddillon80 in forum HTC OneReplies: 9Last Post: 02-14-2014, 03:13 PM
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 02-13-2014, 10:29 AM
- By thricetwice in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-13-2014, 12:54 AM