Just got new phone... need some help

arkieman

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Huawei H 881c . When typing a text message it tries to figure out what I meant to say and inserts words I don't want. It will not let me use abb. like u or ur. I think I have the auto correct turned off, is there something else I can do to disable this?

Thanks,
George

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
You could just text normally. But hey, kids shall be kids! ;) I'm just messing with ya. First off, welcome to the forums! To answer your question, I believe you can go to your settings and add words or in this case, abbreviations, to your dictionary. Some phones have the capability to add words while your actually texting.

The pictures shows what I mean by the "adding words to the dictionary straight from the keyboard" function. I don't what you would really call it, so I made up my own non complicated explanation. Or maybe its complicated. :b

In trueness, hope this helps ya.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1392339059771.jpg
    1392339059771.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 7

arkieman

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank u very much! I am not real up on these smart phones. I will probably have a lot of questions over the next few weeks, months, even years. LOL

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank u very much! I am not real up on these smart phones. I will probably have a lot of questions over the next few weeks, months, even years. LOL

No problem! And we will be here to help with those questions!

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar