Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 battery drain android os

Ok so for some reason my battery just started going dead faster than normal. This is a slow days use but look at the attached pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Note 3 battery drain android os-screenshot_2014-02-13-22-02-52.jpg   Note 3 battery drain android os-screenshot_2014-02-10-15-27-47.jpg  

Global Posts
    20,759 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Note 3 battery drain android os

Welcome to the forums.
    Does the device sit idle a lot?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Tap Cell Standby--is there a lot of Time Without Signal? This can cause more battery drain.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No hardly any time without signal. I will post a pic this afternoon of the down time. But it varies from day to day on ow long it sets idle. More on some days. On this day it did set idle a little bit.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Here are 2 pictures from this morning with about 3 hours of charger. so far this morning it has been off alot. As you can see from prior on the say at 10 hours use i was at 12% but day before that io as at 62% on 16 hours. It is very strange. Not much changes in my daily routine really.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Note 3 battery drain android os-screenshot_2014-02-14-08-22-35.jpg   Note 3 battery drain android os-screenshot_2014-02-14-08-22-41.jpg  

Global Posts
    20,759 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by altereddezignz View Post
    Here are 2 pictures from this morning with about 3 hours of charger. so far this morning it has been off alot. As you can see from prior on the say at 10 hours use i was at 12% but day before that io as at 62% on 16 hours. It is very strange. Not much changes in my daily routine really.
    How long have you had the device? When do you normally charge it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    How long have you had the device? When do you normally charge it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Charged nightly. Had it about id say about a month and half or so. Always to a full charge.

Global Posts
    20,759 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by altereddezignz View Post
    Charged nightly. Had it about id say about a month and half or so. Always to a full charge.
    It still may be an issue with your signal though.
    I would try clearing cache in recovery. See if that helps with your battery drain. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Follow instructions for the S3

Phone Timeline

I read your thread yesterday and was left without solution so i read on and on and made note of key occurrences. the one that kept reoccuring was bad SD card. i went home last night, transferred all my files to another SD (similar size) then took out the current one replacing it with the new one. Step 1. Unmount the SD card. 2. Turn off the phone and unplug the battery letting it sit for a minute or so. 3. restart the phone and replace new SD and boom problem solved. I've only used 10% of battery from last night @11pm to now 843am. During the issue with draining, i'd be charging by now. I am not a tech but this worked form.

I posted this somewhere else on this site but I'm not sure if it was the right place. Anyway...

I don't know if people are still interested in this but I found a temporary solution for this battery drain thing, until an update that fixes all this comes along. I have a Sprint Note 3, not rooted.
    Like everybody else, I had great battery life, until one day Android System started being the no.1 battery hog, followed by display etc.

I found an app called AppOpps , and what that allows you to do is turn off individual permissions that every app on your phone has. And it shows you in real time, what app is using what resource.
    For example I found out that GoFlashlight was using the camera in the background (uninstalled out of principle). Skype was using the camera in the background even though I was signed out of it. Etc etc.
    When it came to apps that were using my location, one of them was a package called .... Android System v 4.4.2 ....
    Note 3 battery drain android os-2014-08-23-00.21.33.jpg
    Note 3 battery drain android os-2014-08-23-00.21.46.jpg
    So what I did was to turn off its permission to use Location, and if you go all the way down, you can turn off the Keep Awake permission.

That's it! Enjoy your great battery life once again!