GoClever Terra 72 Tablet wont turn on.

Filip Pajic

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought tablet GoClever Terra 72 7 days ago and my battery was dead and i put it on the charger last night and now it wont turn on.
I don't have volume buttons to enter a recovery mode, i can't access tablet with computer, when i put it on the charger or usb it become heat up.
I can not get the screws out because it is under warranty.
If anyone have solution plase tell me. :)
Sorry for my bad English! :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does the tablet have a pinhole reset button anywhere? If you see one, try pressing it with a paper clip or safety pin, keeping it down for about 10 seconds.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How long did the tablet remain off charger after it shut off? There's a possibility that the battery was allowed to discharge completely, which can irreversibly kill the battery.

Posted via Android Central App

Alan Peterlin

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
yes it hapened the same to me on goclever tablet.I tried to refill the tablet but the power was always 15 percent.Once then i tried to empty the power at all.But then the pkwer was 0 percent.I only could play it if it was constantly on charger.When i plugged it off the tablet gurned off.Today when i came home from grandma it didnt wanted to turn on at all.so can someone help me?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As with the above posts, I would suspect a dead or faulty battery. Or possibly defective hardware. There will always be more chance of hardware defects with these lesser known brands. Try to contact the manufacturer's tech support for possible return or repair.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If a lithium ion battery is completely dead (not just 0 charge but completely dead, which is almost impossible), and you charge it, one of two things will happen. Either it will get so hot that it will burst into flames, or it will get even hotter faster and explode. So lithium ion batteries have a little circuit inside, like reverse fuse, that "blows" if the battery discharges too far. That makes the battery a paper weight, and it has to be replaced.

Filip, in your case, the battery probably got discharged so far that, although the "fuse" didn't disconnect the battery inside, the battery is still just turning most of the charging power into heat. It has to be replaced. The problem is that the cost of the battery and the labor to replace it (batteries usually aren't covered under warranty) is probably more than the price of a new tablet in the case of these cheap tablets.

Alvic

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy, I also have the same problem with a GoClever Terra and wish to send it to the manufacturer, still on warranty. Can you tell me if yours got repaired and where did you send it to? Please provide me with an address if possible. Thanks in advance.