Now I know this is gonna sound really specific .. But i really want to know how to do this!
Soo I'm trying to create a widget for my homescreen that will activate a button within a 3rd party application.. So ideally I won't have to open the app to activate it!
I have successfully created the widget but I don't know how to create the activation task/ process.. Do you know what I mean??
I'm running cm10.1 on galaxy s4
from my s4!!
- 02-15-2014, 01:31 PM #2
Re: tasker help
I don't think that's possible, you have to open the app first unless that app can run in the background and receive remote commands.
You can create an automation where Tasker open up the app and tap on the button, then press back to go back out.
You simply use the "run shell" task, and use the command "input tap xxx yyy". X and Y being the pixel location of the screen. Also make sure root is checked.
This was how I set Cheapcast to automatically turn on itself after boot. But this is no longer needed since Cheapcast can turn on itself automatically now.
- By LorraineVH in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 4Last Post: 02-18-2014, 02:34 AM
- By Osuagwu Darlington in forum HTC OneReplies: 8Last Post: 02-17-2014, 01:29 PM
- By HIMAN1998 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 7Last Post: 02-15-2014, 12:39 PM
- By Osuagwu Darlington in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-15-2014, 11:38 AM
- By marktika in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 15Last Post: 02-15-2014, 10:23 AM