Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb How can I make the Home button close all running apps?

Swiping to close each app all the time is inefficient for me. I realize other people might not want this but I want whatever app I was using to completely close when I tap the home button. There is one app that puts an X on your homescreen that closes everything when clicked. That is a little better but I want to go one step further and have the home button do the same thing. Is there anything out there for that?

Default Re: How can I make the Home button close all running apps?

Welcome to Android Central! It's not recommended, but if your mind is really set on it, you could enable the Developer Option that says "Don't keep activities." If you haven't enabled Developer Options, then go to Settings>About phone, and tap the Build Number about seven times. It will let you know that you now have access to Developer Options. Go back one step to the main Settings menu, then select Developer Options, scroll all the way down to the Apps category, and check "Don't keep activities." Again, this is not really recommended for routine usage, but you can try it and see if it works for you.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I already have Don't keep activities checked but they still show up on whatever that screen is called that allows you to swipe them away.

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

That's the recently used apps, just a list of apps that were recently used. The fact that an app is on that list doesn't mean that it's running. In fact, I've noticed that most of the time, almost no apps are actually running except the system apps themselves.
    B. Diddy likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

......Well now I just feel silly

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

You just discovered that you're one of the only 2 people in the universe born not knowing everything? Pleased to meet you - I'm the other one. I'll bet there's plenty that you know that none us even is aware he doesn't know.