Nexus 7 not charging and now completely dead!

Flamedblaze0

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
My Nexus 7's (2013) battery was low so I decided to charge it. I plugged it in to a AC adapter and it showed that it was charging. The tablet's battery was decreasing! I decided to turn it off and charge it. I've been trying to fix the tablet for a while. It showed empty battery icon, LED light above the usb port was flickering 5 times. Then it showed no more sign of life. I've tried many things including holding power button for 1 minute, tried different chargers, plugged in a different outlet, used original charger. The tablet is still under warranty but I don't want to go through all the trouble to get a new one. Please help, all posts are appreciated. Also my tablet is not rooted.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since the battery went almost (let's hope it's almost, because if it's dead, the internal safety fuse blew and it's no longer a battery) completely dead, the first few hours on the charger won't put any charge into the battery, it'll just ramp the battery up to begin to charge. Leave it plugged in (turned off through the whole time) for 24 hours and see if that brings it back to life.

In the future, charge it around the 50% point. If it gets much below 30% and won't charge when turned off, don't turn it on, get it fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36