- 2 Posts
Nexus 7 not charging and now completely dead!
My Nexus 7's (2013) battery was low so I decided to charge it. I plugged it in to a AC adapter and it showed that it was charging. The tablet's battery was decreasing! I decided to turn it off and charge it. I've been trying to fix the tablet for a while. It showed empty battery icon, LED light above the usb port was flickering 5 times. Then it showed no more sign of life. I've tried many things including holding power button for 1 minute, tried different chargers, plugged in a different outlet, used original charger. The tablet is still under warranty but I don't want to go through all the trouble to get a new one. Please help, all posts are appreciated. Also my tablet is not rooted.
- 02-15-2014, 10:57 PM #2
- 02-16-2014, 06:09 PM #4
Re: Nexus 7 not charging and now completely dead!
Since the battery went almost (let's hope it's almost, because if it's dead, the internal safety fuse blew and it's no longer a battery) completely dead, the first few hours on the charger won't put any charge into the battery, it'll just ramp the battery up to begin to charge. Leave it plugged in (turned off through the whole time) for 24 hours and see if that brings it back to life.
In the future, charge it around the 50% point. If it gets much below 30% and won't charge when turned off, don't turn it on, get it fixed.
- By someguy01234 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 09-15-2014, 04:40 AM
- By Jimmy Grzybek in forum Rumored Devices LoungeReplies: 17Last Post: 03-25-2014, 06:49 AM
- By srkmagnus in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 17Last Post: 03-10-2014, 04:55 AM
- By Eludium-Q36 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 3Last Post: 02-17-2014, 01:58 PM
- By Dale_M in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 5Last Post: 02-16-2014, 01:47 AM