1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Unknown Icon

I have an unknown icon come up at the top of my screen and I'm not sure if it has anything to do with suddenly not being able to log into Google now any help is appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unknown Icon-screenshot_2014-02-17-14-50-34.png  

Global Posts
    2,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Unknown Icon

The "N" - like symbol I believe is NFC. The eye or meter like shape I am not sure of.

You can try airpush to see if it can identify it:

If you drag down the notifications screen, maybe you can hold it to see the app info. It can tell you what it is.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

The 'eye' is Smart Stay, you can toggle that on/off in the notification shade.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    2,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    The 'eye' is Smart Stay, you can toggle that on/off in the notification shade.

I tried. I have a One X LOL
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Aah, I wondered what you had... look under device, smart screen.

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks soooooo much sorry forgot to specify which icon.... the N is the one I cannot seem to figure out doesn't give any info about it when I pull bar down.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by felici taylor View Post
    Thanks soooooo much sorry forgot to specify which icon.... the N is the one I cannot seem to figure out doesn't give any info about it when I pull bar down.

Posted via Android Central App
    As mentioned above, it's the NFC (Near Field Communication) icon. The NFC chip in your phone allows you to transfer certain kinds of data to another device with NFC by simply holding it close (this is the technology used for paying for something by simply tapping your phone up against a payment device). It doesn't make sense that NFC would interefere with you logging on to Google. You can turn off NFC by going to Settings>Wireless & Networks​, and unchecking the NFC box.