Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default When I uninstalled Google search and Google play store--but not deleted

l uninstalled Google Search and Google Play store apps, but they were not completely uninstalled and now I can't reinstall them because the store says they are installed. I cannot find them on my android tablet and so I cannot use them. How do I correct this problem? What is a good app to completely uninstall them. Some of these apps will not install on my Lenovo tablet.
    Jim

Default Re: When I uninstalled Google search and Google play store--but not deleted

Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by uninstalling--do you mean completely removing those apps from the device, or disabling them? Or did you just remove the shortcuts from the homescreen?

Unless you're rooted (which is a procedure to gain superuser access--not for novices), you can't completely remove preinstalled system apps like Google Search or the Play Store. If the Play Store says they are installed, then I suspect you may have simply removed the app shortcuts from the homescreen. Open the App Drawer (the icon that looks like a grid of dots, often surrounded by a circle), and you will probably find those apps there. You can press and hold an app there, then drag it back to a homescreen to create a shortcut.

If you're an Android beginner, may I suggest this guide:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...14-part-i.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...4-part-ii.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Re: When I uninstalled Google search and Google play store--but not deleted

Did not work. I uninstalled them in the apps section under the settings section. They are NO WHERE to be found. Now I can't bring them back. This seems to be a problem others have. I usually open my app after I push the encircled dots not on the "homescreen".

Are you rooted? As I mentioned above, you can't completely uninstall those apps if you're not rooted--you can only uninstall updates.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

So how do you root a Medion LifeTab E7310 made by Lenovo? and listed on Google Play as a Lenovo LifeTab E7310 tablet. I understand rooting is specific to the specific tab.
    Jim