- 8 Posts
- 02-20-2014, 12:17 AM #2
- 1,104 Posts
- AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1
Re: Help transfering SMS history over from IOS to Android (Samsung Galaxy S4)! Tried everything!...
The basic problem is that iPhones don't do SMS they do iMessage, which is a totally different animal with camouflage paint to make it look like "texting" (which is specifically the SMS protocol). The easiest way - not the way the average user can do it - is to dump the iPhone messages as text files, convert them to standard xml SMS backups and restore them in the Android phone.
The next easiest way - and it's as close to the easiest way as lead is to gold - is to find an app that can actually read the iMessages from the iPhone and write them as SMS messages to the Android phone. And that means downloading many programs and trying them, until you find one that does what you need. Or finding two programs, one that backs up iMessages and one that restores SMS messages, and both use the same storage format.
I think alchemy is easier.
- By TechTube14 in forum Rumored Devices LoungeReplies: 3Last Post: 02-27-2014, 03:28 AM
- By joxy_tech in forum IntroductionsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-20-2014, 11:27 PM
- By m3mpower in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 4Last Post: 02-20-2014, 11:18 AM
- By kn8ght in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 02-19-2014, 08:01 PM
- By Gibn in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 02-19-2014, 07:43 PM