1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Help transfering SMS history over from IOS to Android (Samsung Galaxy S4)! Tried everything!...

Hey guys, I'm trying to move over to android from iphone but I have been having a hellish time trying to move my data over...
    the hardest part right now is getting my SMS history over, I have thousands of texts with important conversations so I really do want to keep them.

Here's what I have tried so far..
    I tried the Samsung smart switch, I got some information over but my the text message transfer would freeze at 6%, and now the smartswitch app will hardly load up, it keeps stalling out itself so I can't even attempt more transfers! (I got to 6% about 4-5 times, and have had it stall out on me probably about 20 times).

I also tried this other site along with the app isms2droid.
    Unfortuantely, it doesnt seem to work with ios7.

I have also searched around the internet and have not found a good and easy solution, so alas I am coming to you guys

I hope I can make this transition over soon! I have been just trying to move my data over for days so far...

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Default Re: Help transfering SMS history over from IOS to Android (Samsung Galaxy S4)! Tried everything!...

The basic problem is that iPhones don't do SMS they do iMessage, which is a totally different animal with camouflage paint to make it look like "texting" (which is specifically the SMS protocol). The easiest way - not the way the average user can do it - is to dump the iPhone messages as text files, convert them to standard xml SMS backups and restore them in the Android phone.

The next easiest way - and it's as close to the easiest way as lead is to gold - is to find an app that can actually read the iMessages from the iPhone and write them as SMS messages to the Android phone. And that means downloading many programs and trying them, until you find one that does what you need. Or finding two programs, one that backs up iMessages and one that restores SMS messages, and both use the same storage format.

I think alchemy is easier.

Default Re: Help transfering SMS history over from IOS to Android (Samsung Galaxy S4)! Tried everything!...

What was the resolution.. I'm also having issues with messages and ss.. I just got my wife the Gla 5s and trying to get all her messages from the iPhone 4 keeps locking up the messaging app on the gal 5s