Help...spilled Kiwi Juice on my Galaxy S4

GalaxyPeasant

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I was eating Kiwis on a small plater, kiwi juice from the fruit had builded on on the plate. I would say 2 teaspoons, got madden losing in madden hit the plate and spilled juice on the front on phone. I had a screen protector on it, but it got on the top speaker and now when I talk on the phone it is muffled. Any suggestions?

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Turn it off.
Open it.
Unscrew the back and pop it off CAREFULLY.

Then use a qtip and clean it with alcohol.

U may need to disassemble the internal parts and then put them back together.

Look for ribon connecters that can disconect.

Watch a youtube video first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
That still leaves the devolved components of the kiwi juice in your device.

Alchol is the best cure.

Rice is like a masking tape and paper towl bandaid.

But if u fear opeing your phone it might work but I do not recomend it as a solution.

If you can build a model car that requires glue you can take ur phone apart and put it back together again. You only need to pull off the back and then maybe take the bottom part of circit board and clean it.

I would think kiwi juice [the disolved in h20 components] is acidic [the freind of corrosion]

But to each their own.

Wish you the best of luck in your endevors

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't open the phone (except to take the battery and cards out). Buy a quart of alcohol - it's only a buck. Soak the speaker in a few ounces of it for a few minutes. Swish it around to get any loosened pieces out. Toss the alcohol, shake and drain the phone. Put more alcohol in whatever container you're using. Do it all again. Dump and refill one more time.

Even after drying for a day, that should clean it out pretty well.

Once you've done that, read Wet Phone. Putting a wet phone in rice is one of the 4 things you DON'T do. (Not until you've cleaned and dried it with alcohol.)