Is there a way to crop homescreen widgets?

moorejrjr

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I use Nova launcher. I am on a moto X inches btw. I'm not tied strongly t move launcher.

Basically, I want to crop widgets like the Google keep widget (u only need quick keep text not the list picture etc) and other widgets. Is there a launcher or a way to do this? I can resize them, but I'd like to crop them

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, no launchers currently on the Play Store offer control over how widgets adapt to being resized. Launchers can do things like scaling and rotating of items on the homescreen (Lightning Launcher does this, for example) but I do not believe they can control the layout within an individual AppWidget:

The behavior of an app widget is published by an "app widget provider." An "app widget host" is a component that can contain app widgets (such as the home screen).

The "provider" is a part of the same app that has the widget in question (i.e. Google Keep). This specifies the behavior of the widget, which includes any necessary layout work. The launcher (i.e. Nova Launcher) acts as the "host." It is able to embed other apps' AppWidgets inside itself, but cannot directly control them. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any other launchers or modifications (such as an Xposed module) that would allow you to do this. :-\

moorejrjr

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your response!

I'm somewhat surprised there is no way to crop apps, given the amount of customization available on the Android platform. Hopefully someone eventually figures it out.

Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julieharrison