Outbound texts seriously delayed - phone or carrier?
I've had a few people receive my texts late, but have always thought the issue was more likely them just not seeing the notifications. But then one took 2 days to arrive on a friend's phone! We're both on Android (I'm on a Nexus 4 running Kit Kat), though I'm on Telus and I believe he's on Wind Mobile. As an FYI, the day of the 2-day-delay I was using Handcent as my SMS app, but in the past I was using the stock SMS app.
So the key question at the moment is - is the extra delay caused by my SMS app, my OS/phone or my carrier? Any idea how to test for this?
TIA - R.
- 02-20-2014, 09:22 PM #2
Re: Outbound texts seriously delayed - phone or carrier?
I would be shocked if it's not the carrier. This happens to my buddy every once in awhile. He's on at&t which is a very average carrier in our area.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
- By Umass021 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 8Last Post: 04-05-2014, 01:51 PM
- By Cheryl H in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 7Last Post: 02-21-2014, 02:05 PM
- By laura1fresitas in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 02-20-2014, 10:00 PM
- By acohuo011 in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 02-20-2014, 07:16 PM
- By Bluehair62 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 02-20-2014, 06:57 PM