HTC One glass repair

NickDynmo

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Quick story: was going to do laundry, wanted to wash pants I was wearing, tossed belt casually on bed, belt buckle hits phone screen, shatters glass*. Phone appears to work just fine otherwise; just needs glass replaced (will provide pictures if requested). Do you think this would be sufficient? The price is low enough to raise some alarms in my head, and in the description it mentions "LCD screen is not included; only use it for cracked front lens". Would this still just be the glass I need?

To get this repaired through Bell would be around $250, and to get it repaired at a local place would be around $150, so if this works for me I'd be pretty thrilled.
Sorry if posts like this aren't allowed. I'm just sort of freaking out over here. This is the first time I've ever shattered the glass on one of my devices. Normally I'm so careful!

---------
*Addendum: Folding laundry last night, realized I hadn't even washed those damn pants. ffs...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The price seems a bit low, but only a bit. Look around eBay and see what others are charging. It's probably something like double that.

Why does a local shop charge $150 for the same thing? Because the tech doing the work has probably replaced a few hundred screens, and the first dozen or so - done on phones that were destined for the landfill - probably ended in disaster.

I see so many posts on Android forums that are generally "I followed the directions EXACTLY in replacing the glass, now the phone won't even turn on. What do I do next?" And my response is always the same. Bring ot to the shop and pay them to fix what you broke and replace the glass. And it's going to cost you a lot more than you "saved" by doing it yourself.