- 4 Posts
- 02-22-2014, 04:58 PM #2
- 1,120 Posts
- AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1
Re: HTC One glass repair
The price seems a bit low, but only a bit. Look around eBay and see what others are charging. It's probably something like double that.
Why does a local shop charge $150 for the same thing? Because the tech doing the work has probably replaced a few hundred screens, and the first dozen or so - done on phones that were destined for the landfill - probably ended in disaster.
I see so many posts on Android forums that are generally "I followed the directions EXACTLY in replacing the glass, now the phone won't even turn on. What do I do next?" And my response is always the same. Bring ot to the shop and pay them to fix what you broke and replace the glass. And it's going to cost you a lot more than you "saved" by doing it yourself.
- By JamesMore in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 38Last Post: 03-06-2014, 10:57 PM
- By ariday1980 in forum HTC One MaxReplies: 5Last Post: 03-01-2014, 03:27 PM
- By koganox in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 02-24-2014, 11:12 PM
- By dbaliczek in forum HTC One XReplies: 7Last Post: 02-24-2014, 06:41 AM
- By Melissa Smiley in forum HTC OneReplies: 5Last Post: 02-21-2014, 11:03 PM