Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Removing CWM Backups

    I have a rooted HTC One and when I rooted it I used to have CWM Recovery as my custom recovery. When I updated my ROM to 4.4 KitKat, CWM at the time didnt support KitKat so I switched to TWRP 2.6.3.3 which did. Thing is after doing a disk analysis of my phone, I found that the CWM backups are still on my phone and seeing as they're not compatible with TWRP plus their taking over 2GB in storage capacity, how do I get rid of them ?! I frequently make a nandroid backup of my phone in case of a worst case scenario but I would like back the storage capacity these CWM backups are taking !
    Can anyone please provide some assistance, Thanks
  2. #2  
    Rukbat's Avatar

    Posts
    1,226 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

    Default Re: Removing CWM Backups

    They're files - delete them.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Removing CWM Backups

    Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    They're files - delete them.
    Using the app I used it said the CWM folder was in excess of 2.6GB so I clicked on delete but it said the folder doesnt exist ?! I'm assuming when I flashed TWRP that while CWM was uninstalled or whatnot, its backups still remained
  4. #4  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    6,751 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Removing CWM Backups

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    Using the app I used it said the CWM folder was in excess of 2.6GB so I clicked on delete but it said the folder doesnt exist ?! I'm assuming when I flashed TWRP that while CWM was uninstalled or whatnot, its backups still remained
    Download a file manager app, such as Astro or ES File Explorer and open the SD card. The files are probably stored in a cwm folder (maybe cwm/backups?). Just find the filer or individual files, select (long press) then delete. If you don't want the files then just do the whole cwm folder.

    Let us know if you need further help.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Removing CWM Backups

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Download a file manager app, such as Astro or ES File Explorer and open the SD card. The files are probably stored in a cwm folder (maybe cwm/backups?). Just find the filer or individual files, select (long press) then delete. If you don't want the files then just do the whole cwm folder.

    Let us know if you need further help.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    I done what yourself suggested but it didnt work so I downloaded a root file explorer, I managed to find the folder and it was a whopping 2gb + in size, I deleted but the extra storage gained isnt accounted for (Before under free space it was 17.06GB and after deleted the CWM folder, its still the same).
  6. #6  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    6,751 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Removing CWM Backups

    Reboot the device and see if the memory stats refresh after the phone starts back up. It shouldn't require a root only file manager since the data is stored on the SD card accessible to the user.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Removing CWM Backups

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Reboot the device and see if the memory stats refresh after the phone starts back up. It shouldn't require a root only file manager since the data is stored on the SD card accessible to the user.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    The CWM folder wasn't stored in SD card hence the reason I had to download a root file explorer
  8. #8  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    6,751 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Removing CWM Backups

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    The CWM folder wasn't stored in SD card hence the reason I had to download a root file explorer
    What directory was it stored? Do you remember. I'm curious for future reference just in case another users has a problem.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Removing CWM Backups

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    What directory was it stored? Do you remember. I'm curious for future reference just in case another users has a problem.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    I wish to apologize but I forgot although I remember the term "legacy" being either the parent folder or another folder next to the CWM folder. I think this explains why the extra storage capacity doesnt appear in the stats
  10. #10  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    6,751 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Removing CWM Backups

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    I wish to apologize but I forgot although I remember the term "legacy" being either the parent folder or another folder next to the CWM folder. I think this explains why the extra storage capacity doesnt appear in the stats
    Interesting. OK cool, thanks for sharing!

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Calendar Backup- HOW
    By kelleygirlmma in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 10:40 PM
  2. Removing Roots and SU Binary from Nexus 7 (2012)?! WTF?
    By dogday007 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 09:20 AM
  3. what is a good free APK backup app?
    By gameson in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 09:04 PM
  4. Removable disk
    By z06mike in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 09:55 PM

Posting Permissions

B