1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Home Screen Picture

Hello,

I recently went into my providers shop because my S4 wouldn't let me add Contacts. They didn't have a clue how to fix it so told me I would have to reset my phone. The guy at the desk backed up my pictures and contacts. After resetting it my Home Screen was still the same picture it had been before the reset. Which is fine, it's what I want. Now though, I can't find the picture itself on my phone or storage device. I've hooked my S4 up to the PC and tried to find it in a folder. I can't seem to locate it. Where would I find the picture at on my S4?

Default Re: Home Screen Picture

Welcome to Android Central! Is the picture in question an actual wallpaper that came with the phone, or some photo that you took yourself and set as your wallpaper? If the phone was truly reset, the latter wouldn't seem possible to me, since it should clear out any data that you placed on the phone (including photos).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It's a photo I saved off of the internet. I saw it online, downloaded it and set it as my home screen wallpaper. The provider rep thought it was odd also. I haven't turned my phone off because I am afraid the picture will go away. That's why I want to find out where it was backed up to on my phone.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

The photo should have been in the download folder of the SD card. If all photos are backed up sort the files by date and see if you can find it around the date you downloaded it. If it's not there then it's likely a photo that was missed and the rep so formated the SD card erasing all its contents.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

There is no files in the Download folder. Let's try something else. Is there a way to take a screen shot of my phone without the icons or time showing? I know I can take a screen shot by holding the bottom middle button and top right button, but it has the Phone, Contacts, Messaging, Internet and Apps icons at the bottom.

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Wallpaper Wizardrii can save your current wallpaper as a picture.