Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  • 2 Post By Rukbat
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 1 Post By hawkwind212
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best launcher?

Hi,

What is the best launcher for a rooted or a non-rooted device?
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by eekfu View Post
    Hi,

I personally like Nova Launcher, but if you want a launcher that's really cool, you should check out Themer.

ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Best launcher?

Hi,

This is really a personal preference. I prefer Nova whenever I install a launcher. Apex is another good one that you might consider. Give some try and dig through the settings to see what works best for you - you've easily switch between the different ones by uninstalling or using an app to switch between the various ones you have installed (Home switcher).

Let us know what you find and how you like it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    wizzrah likes this.

Global Posts
    4,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Hi,

I personally like Nova Launcher, but if you want a launcher that's really cool, you should check out Themer.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

UJ95x likes this.

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

I prefer Nova too, but the only way you're going to find the best one for you is to download a whole lot of them and give each one at least week, exploring its capabilities and settings.
    Xsie and wizzrah like this.

ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

My favorite is Nova. Second would be Apex

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    wizzrah likes this.

Apex, NOVA, ADW, and Holo are all based on the ICS and later the jelly bean launcher. They all have similar features such as the gestures and dock. Each launcher also have its own unique features. I own all 4 paid version of those launchers. Try the free version first and get a feel for each. NOVA is currently most popular and most updated (to the Kit kat UI). With Apex and Holo trailing. Apex is almost like Nova, but it doesn't feel as smooth running as NOVA on my phone as far as using the device's resource. Holo to me is the most efficient launcher as far as memory usage and battery draining go. However the trad offs are less customizations and features. Another good one is next 3d if you like fancy UI which I also have. Next 3d is currently being updated at least 3 to 4 times a month due to the beta 3d UI . in case you're one of those people that like constant update from the dev. Next 3d is the most expensive. ADW launcher I don't use any more, because the dev has stopped working on it and the launcher feels outdated as now. Hopefully it will be updated again because it's a good launcher with lots customizations.

Post with Tapatalk 4; send from my Slimbean powered Pantech Burst.
    wizzrah likes this.

Had apex launcher paid version on last phone. Very happy with it. Holo was nice but to few customizations. Now run with next 3d lite. The paid version ($16) seems unworkable for me. Laucher is next 3d with holo lockscreen and holo notifications. Also 3d themed icons from play store. Use very little power.

Posted via Android Central App

I have the full version of Next 3D which I don't use anymore right now due to constant update and a resource hog that it has become with all the widgets and 3d UI. I am just going to have to try Next 3d on a newer device when ever I get it in the future. As for the price, bought it on sale 50% off, Personally I don't think the full price is work able either. As for now Im going with green and Simple, and Nova and holo launchers seem to fit that bill. Both NOVA and Holo use memory and battery efficiently on my device running Slimbean ROM. As for Apex, I am using it with some doubts to its efficiency with the resource it uses.

Post with Tapatalk 4; send from my Slimbean powered Pantech Burst.

Currently I'm back to using Apex. I've been using Themer, Buzz, Go, & Next 3d - but I always come back to using Apex. For now, it has what I want. For now......

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

I use and prefer Nova Prime Launcher. I've tried a couple of different ones (Apec, APW, Go, ect.), but Nova seems to work BEST for ME