How to put parental control on Android Chrome browser?
Hello Android Central communuty,
I recently spotted my 9 year old son searching for inappropriate stuff inside the Google Chrome app. Is it possible to restrict the browser so that when he googles certain words, it wouldn't bring out any results? I've seen programs that do that but I can't recall any of them. Oh, and he's using the original Nexus 7.
I'd be really thankful if you could help me with this.
- 02-23-2014, 04:35 PM #2
Re: How to put parental control on Android Chrome browser?
You could replace Chrome with , which is the version of Chrome in beta-testing format that has numerous features not yet available in the standard Chrome version. A while back, a "supervised user" feature was announced for Chrome that could allow someone to control what other users could access across Chrome, but I'm not sure if that feature is on the Android Chrome Beta app yet. Here's a link to the AC article that talked about it: 'Supervised Users' feature coming to Chrome Beta channel | Android Central
If Chrome Beta does work for you, you'd probably want to disable the main Chrome browser so that your son would only have access to Chrome Beta. To disable, go to Settings>Apps>All, select Chrome, and tap Disable.
- 02-23-2014, 08:47 PM #3
- 1,104 Posts
- AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1
- By dllebandroid in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 13Last Post: 03-02-2014, 01:09 AM
- By someone11 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 9Last Post: 03-01-2014, 05:10 PM
- By DaHui623 in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 19Last Post: 02-27-2014, 11:44 PM
- By Series335 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 8Last Post: 02-27-2014, 10:02 AM
- By krauster in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 02-23-2014, 01:56 PM