1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charging two devices from one plug

My moto X came with a wall charger than can handle two USB cords and charge simultaneously. Was wondering if anyone knew if charging two things at once is slower than normal. To be specific I'm charging my moto X and Nexus 7. Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Charging two devices from one plug

Quote Originally Posted by Sam12Ash View Post
    My moto X came with a wall charger than can handle two USB cords and charge simultaneously. Was wondering if anyone knew if charging two things at once is slower than normal. To be specific I'm charging my moto X and Nexus 7. Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App
    Hi, I believe it is safe to charge both devices at the same time, but I'm not too sure about the level of power each device would receive. I think the power outage would be slighty less while charging two devices. Best way to find out is to test it

I charge two devices simultaneously in the same electrical outlet all the time, but each device has its own charger and USB cord.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Whether it's slower depends on the charger. Some chargers can supply rated current from each outlet simultaneously, some can only supply rated output from one output at a time.

(It's like the old stereo specs used to be stated - something like 100 Watts per channel. But that was measuring with sound on one channel only. Try both channels running and you'd be lucky to get 45 clean Watts per channel.)

It certainly can't hurt the charger or the phone, though. The phone will draw as much as it can, up to its maximum charge rating. The charger will supply as much as is called for up to its maximum capability. You could probably charge 20 phones on a 1 Amp charger - if you were willing to wait few days.