Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Home button in Android Home Button in Browser

I have read lots of posts on this but nobody appears to have solved it yet. So I am amusing that it can't be done. I have a Samsung s3 and a Samsung Note 10.1
    I use Google Chrome and the standard Internet Browser. I would like a simple home button to return to Google Home Page. I don't want a bookmark or a shortcut on home page. They are fine when starting from fresh, but when in middle of browsing they are annoying no. I get fed up with too ma y we down being open so want. A solid solution or a no it can't be done wow be great. Thanks in advance. Bryn

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    20,242 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: Home button in Android Home Button in Browser

On the standard Internet browser, Settings/Set homepage. Set it to google.com. In the future, Settings/Homepage.

I didn't find a Set homepage setting in Chrome.

As far as inserting a button on the page, you'd have to rewrite the app - I don't think there's even an Xposed module to add buttons to screens.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks it's as I suspected there is no option. I knew how to set the homepage already. But there's no point if you can't go to it.

Posted via Android Central App

It's an odd quirk of the stock Browser (which is from AOSP) that the homepage only comes up when you open a new tab. There is typically no Home button.

Other 3rd party browsers do include a Home button. Try Maxthon.