- 2 Posts
Moto X unlocked GSM on Straight Talk
Hi - I just ordered a Moto X GSM unlocked (AT&T and T-Mobile 4G LTE with Global HSPA) during the $329 sale, should get it this week.
I'd appreciate getting the latest advice on how to get it to work on the $45 Straight Talk plan:
*Which SIM card should I get?
*How do I trim it to nano?
*Any other set-up tips?
*Or is a $60 AT&T GoPhone no-contract plan worth the cost because it's simpler to set up?
I am no techie, so thanks for your help in advance!
Last edited by Drjbb; 02-25-2014 at 10:30 AM.
- 02-25-2014, 01:01 AM #2
- 1,179 Posts
- 02-25-2014, 03:38 PM #4
- 1,248 Posts
- AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1
Re: Moto X unlocked GSM on Straight Talk
You decide on which carrier to use by which one gives you better coverage where you need coverage. If they both give you good coverage at work, but TMobile is weak at home and AT&T is strong at home, it would be silly to choose TMobile.
You WILL (not might) need to set up the APN. Neither the AT&T nor TMobile APNs will be correct - the correct data will come with the SIM card.
Is $60/month for 2GB of data better than $45/month for 2.5GB of data? Over a 2 year period that's $360 difference even if the difference in data doesn't matter to you. (And if you shop wisely, you can get ST for as little as about $36/month.)
(If you cut the card manually, be VERY careful - measure again if you're not absolutely certain where the contacts are. You're only doing it once, so spending an extra 10 minutes to be sure isn't a big deal.)
- By MangoPowah in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 49Last Post: 04-11-2014, 08:49 PM
- By jerrycai in forum LG G2Replies: 11Last Post: 03-02-2014, 01:33 PM
- By AussieAndroid in forum HTC One Google EditionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-26-2014, 04:55 PM
- By petrosil in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 3Last Post: 02-25-2014, 06:44 PM
- By benjamminh in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 1Last Post: 02-24-2014, 11:36 PM