Add bookmarks to homescreen gone?

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I use Chrome browser on my Android and I used to be able to go into my bookmarks and add a bookmark to my home screen well now I don't see that option anymore. I'm using the s3 and haven't tried it since my phone updated to 4.3 so I'm wondering did they remove it with that update or with a Chrome update or just change how it's done?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 5 has two widgets--"Bookmark," which is a single widget, and "Bookmarks," which is a 3x2 grid of scrollable thumbnails of your favorite bookmarks. You don't see anything like that in your Widget list?

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 5 has two widgets--"Bookmark," which is a single widget, and "Bookmarks," which is a 3x2 grid of scrollable thumbnails of your favorite bookmarks. You don't see anything like that in your Widget list?

Yeah I see that but I have a lot of bookmarks and I like have a few I use most in a folder on my home screen

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I use nova also. Where is it listed as shortcuts? Are you using the stock browser or Chrome?

Chrome. I just long tap on an empty spot on a home screen and then choose "Shortcuts" from the "Add to Home screen" menu. One of the shortcuts is "Bookmark" which lets me select which bookmark to add.