Google contacts not updating on phone? (DInc)

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Why is it that when I add or edit a contact in Google on my desktop, the new/edited contact doesn't automatically update in my phone contacts? When everything sync'd smoothly when I initially set up my phone, but any changes since then don't sync. Solution? Thanks!

mrputzy

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Anybody? I am having the same problem with my captivate. Groups I create on the phone don't sync back to gmail on my desktop, and vice versa. It is very frustrating.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I have a similar problem on my Droid 1. I know of several contacts (there may be others I don't know about) that have been in Google contacts since the beginning that are not showing on the Droid. I can't say for sure whether they ever showed on the phone. I have checked my sync settings, compared against other similar contacts, etc but can't find a reason why these aren't showing up.

karmiccalamity

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Try going to settings > accounts> google then press menu button> sync now. Make sure that the boxes are checked marked also check to make sure that data syncing is turned on

Let me know if that worked

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

karmiccalamity

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
You need to Export your contacts then import them into gmail then they will sync with the google contact group on your phone

While in the Contact App
menu key> import/export (may have to tap more to get to this menu)>
export to sd

then import that file to gmail contacts by goin to gmail contact manager (from desktop)
click on import browse for you file (i was using the usb cable and grabbed the file from my sd card)

and boom they are all there :)

execpt for facebook contacts :(

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae