Anti Google apps
I have an android cell phone.
I have found primarily any app I have on my cell phone requires an email with google or some type of account with google.
I do NOT like how google tries to connect everything .
I like my privacy. I am looking for a calendar app that does not require any internet connection OR a google account.
I want it strictly for my own use.
I do not want to make it public or share it with my contacts. But I need it for my appointments, reminders and such.
Does anyone know of such an app?
I dislike how google makes me make my contact list public too. ( if you know of how to avoid this too, I would be grateful.)
Thanks for your help,
- 02-26-2014, 01:37 PM #2
- 02-27-2014, 06:30 PM #3
- 02-27-2014, 07:07 PM #4
- 45 Posts
Re: Anti Google apps
1. Calender apps are everywhere. S Planner doesn't need a connection. Although even more so it doesnt need an email account to work locally but even if you put one in you can deselect sync. Why would you though? i dont know. All it does is build a calender that is accessible anywhere. Its not shared with anyone unless you choose to share it. If you want reminders and such it will need to connect with internet somehow though unless all your asking for is local reminders such as alarms.
2. I have no idea how exactly your making your contact public but i can guarantee its something you are doing yourself. One thing you can do is stop saving numbers with your google account. Save them to the phone or sim and nothing else.
Your kinda in the minority here. You gonna need to stop getting paranoid about everything and realize something. There is not true level of secure data. Everything is out there. Dont get so turned off from cloud services cause they are here to stay and as you can see... taking over. Just because your information is in the cloud though doesnt mean its being shared with the world. Dont get me wrong though.. certain things are shared openly if you upload to them... Its your responsibility to be knowledgeable of these things. Its your responsibility to deselect the share all options that these apps present you.
All i can say is you are gonna miss out on a lot of great services that are here to help if you are so paranoid about this type of stuff.
- 02-27-2014, 07:10 PM #5
- By rhattan503 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2014, 05:33 PM
- By Villordsutch in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 8Last Post: 03-13-2014, 09:03 AM
- By James Perry2 in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 03-13-2014, 08:41 AM
- By mindlessharley in forum Motorola Droid UltraReplies: 2Last Post: 02-26-2014, 02:27 PM
- By kennywoo123 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-26-2014, 04:01 AM