How can I check to see when my play store credits expire?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
How can I check to see when my play store credits expire?

I have play store credits from a few different sources. (I got $5 from the KitKat candy bar promo. I got a few bucks from Google Rewards app, etc.) I know I can check my credit balance in the Rewards app (which seems to show the balance from all sources), on the Google Wallet website, and when making a purchase. But I haven't found anywhere that will show me when my credits expire.

I know the Rewards app credits expire after 1 year. But there should be somewhere to see when all your credits expire.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I remember seeing in the Rewards app that credits expire in one year. As for other credits, I think a similar assumption is safe.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Sent an email. I'll post whatever I find out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I had also sent "feedback" through the Google Wallet site. The response I got is below. I haven't received a response from the Play Store team yet... (but I do notice they copied Play Support on their email)

[SIZE=-1]wallet-support@google.com <wallet-support@google.com>[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:11 AM[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]To: Me
Cc: googleplay-support@google.com
[/SIZE]

Hi, Jean-Paul.
Thank you for contacting Google Support, my name is Hailey.
To view your Google Play balance at any time, just follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Google Wallet.
  2. Click "Payment Methods" in the sidebar.
  3. Under "Payment Methods," see your Google Play balance with your other forms of payment.
Your balance will always use your credits in the order of their expiration dates (the first to expire will be the first used).
(For all the details, please see our Google Play Promotional Balance Terms and Conditions.)

If you have any more questions, please reply to this email. I'm happy to help!
Best regards,
Hailey
The Google Wallet Team

Me[SIZE=-1]Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:30 AM[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]To: wallet-support@google.com[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Hi Hailey,

Thanks for getting back to me. I see where I can check my current Google Play balance under "Payment Methods". But what I'm looking for is when that balance expires. Is there somewhere I can check the expiration date(s)?

Thanks again,
Jean-Paul

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]wallet-support@google.com <wallet-support@google.com>[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 9:57 AM[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]To: Me[/SIZE]

Hi, Jean-Paul.
Thanks for your prompt response!

As of the moment, the Google Play balance expiration dates is not yet included under "Payment Methods". Don't worry, though. Because purchases using Google Play balance always use up the promotional balance first, because promotional balances expire.
If you have any more questions, please reply to this email. I'm happy to help!
Best regards,
Hailey
The Google Wallet Team

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the follow up. While the dates don't show, it is good to know that older credits get used first.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app