Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default

    I have gone into "my account" and updated my information and I would like to add an avatar.
    I tap on "change avatar" a box pops up with a blue button to upload photo. I tap on that, nothing. I would like to upload a photo from my Gallery or Photos! How do I get it to work?
    Thanks! Joe

    Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,677 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

    Default Re: A a Avatar help !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Clifford View Post
    I have gone into "my account" and updated my information and I would like to add an avatar.
    I tap on "change avatar" a box pops up with a blue button to upload photo. I tap on that, nothing. I would like to upload a photo from my Gallery or Photos! How do I get it to work?
    Thanks! Joe

    Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"
    Are you doing this from a PC?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: A a Avatar help !!

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Are you doing this from a PC?
    No, from my Galaxy Note 3.

    Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"
  4. #4  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,677 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

    Default Re: A a Avatar help !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Clifford View Post
    No, from my Galaxy Note 3.

    Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"
    Drag a photo from your phone to your PC and then try changing your profile pic from there.
  5. #5  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    13,292 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,296 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: A a Avatar help !!

    If you have the Android Central Forums app installed you can change the avatar photo from there.

    Open app - pull out the menu - select people (at the bottom of the menu) - click on your user name/default photo. This should prompt you take a photo or select from gallery.

    Let us know if you need help with either method, PC or AC App.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: A a Avatar help !!

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    If you have the Android Central Forums app installed you can change the avatar photo from there.

    Open app - pull out the menu - select people (at the bottom of the menu) - click on your user name/default photo. This should prompt you take a photo or select from gallery.

    Let us know if you need help with either method, PC or AC App.

    Sent from my Nexus I open5 using AC Forums mobile app
    I open the app but I don't see a menu with people at the bottom to open up!
    I have both Android Central and Android Central Forum apps.
    Thanks for your help!
    Joe

    Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"
  7. #7  

    Default Re: A a Avatar help !!

    OK, it took several tries but I finally got it#

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  8. #8  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    13,292 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,296 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: A a Avatar help !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Clifford View Post
    I open the app but I don't see a menu with people at the bottom to open up!
    I have both Android Central and Android Central Forum apps.
    Thanks for your help!
    Joe

    Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"
    Open AC Forums App > Log in to your account > go back forum home (all forums listed) > press the menu option on the top left with the AC app logo > scroll down to "people" and select it (it should be below search) > click the account name > click the avatar (the shown avatar should have a blue circle with white camera icon) > choose from gallery or take a photo.

    Let us know if you are able to do it with the information provided.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: A a Avatar help !!

    I am trying to establish 1 account between Android Central and Android Central Forums and I'll be Dammed if I can get it to workout!
    I have tried and tried and I give up!!!!
    Joe Clifford/Jalopiejoe (your choice)

    Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"
  10. #10  

    Default Re: A a Avatar help !!

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    If you have the Android Central Forums app installed you can change the avatar photo from there.

    Open app - pull out the menu - select people (at the bottom of the menu) - click on your user name/default photo. This should prompt you take a photo or select from gallery Let us know if you need help with either method, PC or AC App.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    I'm using a smartphone. Which app do I need to open in order to get to PEOPLE. Thanks.

    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

Similar Threads

  1. I need your help, photos on sd card gone
    By THEPRFCT10 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-24-2015, 10:07 PM
  2. Help erasing signs of rooted phone
    By Hebaz in forum Verizon LG G2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 07:48 PM
  3. Help with KitKat on Nexus 7 2013
    By Lauren Tyler in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 12:02 AM
  4. Help!!! URGENT!!!
    By Sicco Blue in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2014, 09:47 PM
  5. Need help with wife's phone
    By arkieman in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2014, 05:59 PM

Posting Permissions