Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock Alarm Clock Unreliable

I have an LG Venice. Android Version 4.1.2, Software version LG730ZV8. Service Provider: Boost Mobile.

I have set multiple alarms due to the unreliable nature of the alarm clock. I have my alarms set to go off: 7, 7:30 and 8. All of a sudden it started not going off sometimes and then I happened to see what it does: It starts going off for less than a second, just enough to make a tiny blip of a sound and to make the display light up but it doesn't go off and it turns itself off. The other thing it does occasionally is the snooze stops functioning. When the alarm is snoozed it sits in the notification bar and for example might say "Alarm Snoozed - Scheduled 7:45" and usually that means it just goes off at 7:45 but sometimes it just stays in the notification bar and never goes off.

This morning my 7 alarm went off partially (and woke me) but dismissed itself (so I didn't have the option to hit snooze or dismiss), then my 7:30 alarm did not go off enough to wake me. The 8 alarm went off properly.

I perused third party alarm clock apps this morning but none of them seem like great apps and if there's a fix for my problem I'd really rather do that. Has anyone had this problem and was able to fix it?

Thanks in advance :)

Default Re: Stock Alarm Clock Unreliable

Not sure how to fix your problem, but I'd recommend Alarm Clock Xtreme if you need to go the 3rd party route.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ck.xtreme.free

You can set multiple alarms, set different actions to fully dismiss it (I prefer solving math problems), and limit the number of times you can snooze so you're forced to dismiss it to shut off the alarm. Math problems, plus limiting the snooze is a pretty effective way to make sure your brain is awake. The math level can also be adjusted to fit your barely awake capabilities.

Timely is great. It syncs with Google too

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro