1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 and memory card problems

Hello. I just recently upgraded from a DROID RAZR MAXX to a Samsung Galaxy S4. I moved the 16GB MicroSD card over to the new phone and it worked just fine with no problems. I found a good deal on a Samsung 64GB Class 10 MicroSD card on Amazon so I picked it up.

When I got it in, I copied the content from the 16GB card to my PC which copied over just fine. I did not format the new card, and that may be my problem now that I think of it, but when I attempted to copy the content from my PC to the new card, it took about 3 hours to copy about 9GB of data over to it. I have also found that since installing this, video and pictures I take that are stored to the card are being corrupted.

Is the problem the card or that I didn't format the card? I understand that a class 10 card should be more than fine to work with the Galaxy S4 phone.

Thanks.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 and memory card problems

SD cards come pre-formatted but you might want to check if the card is counterfeit. If you do Amazon will refund your money np. Samsung sd cards are becoming a new target for counterfeit. I would check youtube or just google "how to ID counterfeit SD cards".

Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by bigjay2100 View Post
    Hello. I just recently upgraded from a DROID RAZR MAXX to a Samsung Galaxy S4. I moved the 16GB MicroSD card over to the new phone and it worked just fine with no problems. I found a good deal on a Samsung 64GB Class 10 MicroSD card on Amazon so I picked it up.

When I got it in, I copied the content from the 16GB card to my PC which copied over just fine. I did not format the new card, and that may be my problem now that I think of it, but when I attempted to copy the content from my PC to the new card, it took about 3 hours to copy about 9GB of data over to it. I have also found that since installing this, video and pictures I take that are stored to the card are being corrupted.

Is the problem the card or that I didn't format the card? I understand that a class 10 card should be more than fine to work with the Galaxy S4 phone.

Thanks.
    Welcome to Android Central
    Check out my guide for fixing corruption on SD cards: [GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card
    As far as formatting, it is recommended to format it inside of the phone, because SD cards have to be in a certain format to work properly.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 and memory card problems

Use in your computer (you may need a card reader). It'll tell you what size flash chip the card actually has in it. As Zedora said, Amazon will refund your money if it's not what it claims to be.