ME172V "Temporarily avoiding poor connection"

brendensen

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a ME172V tablet I'm trying to connect to my PC via wi-fi.

I got an PQI Air Pen Express WAP and when I first connected with my tablet all was fine. Since then I'm getting a "Temporarily avoiding poor connection" error. My Motorola Edge phone connects with no problem. I've reset the WAP and the tablet, the signal strength is excellent, and I've disconnected & reconnected.

From the number of posts I found when searching this is a common Android problem. One suggested solution is to uncheck the "Avoid Poor Connection" option in wi-fi settings. Unfortunately there appears to be no such option on the ME172V. Other proposed solutions involved flashing or other techniques I'm not familiar with.

Anyone have any ideas how a noob can overcome this problem?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Run Wifi Analysis to see what your wifi signal looks like at your tablet. Is it on the same channel as a few other signals? Are there other wifi signals with the same name as yours?

What is the WAP connected to and how (wifi or wire)? The error may actually be saying "no internet connection", and a WAP alone doesn't give you an internet connection.

brendensen

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Rukbat,

Thank you again for your generous help.

I just started up the tablet and was able to connect just fine, now I have to hope it continues to work and figure out out to set up the static IP.

Oops, the connection is back to the "Temporarily avoiding poor connection" error. Very frustrating. Meanwhile my Motorola phone still connects without a problem.

Regarding your questions, there are no other wifi signals, the WAP is connected by wire, the signal level on Ch: 1 is -56 dBm.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A WAP only replaces a wire with a wireless signal. Is the WAP connected to a router? Does the router have wifi capability? You can't use just one incoming internet connection and a WAP to connect more than 1 device to the internet.

brendensen

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
A WAP only replaces a wire with a wireless signal. Is the WAP connected to a router? Does the router have wifi capability? You can't use just one incoming internet connection and a WAP to connect more than 1 device to the internet.

The WAP (PQI Air Pen Express) has a router built in and it has wifi capability. The problem is connecting to the WAP.