Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Home screen shortcuts for music albums - does this exist?

I have been searching, and can't find anything that will do this.

I would like to create home screen shortcuts for a specific music album, with the album art as the icon.
    When tapped, it would play that album in my music player (PowerAmp, in this case).

The best I can find are music player control widgets (not what i'm looking for) or Playlist shortcuts (does't make sense to create a playlist for every album, and the icon is generic).

For those wondering WHY I would want to do this - in the old days of CDs, when you left the house you might grab a few CDs and those would be in your heavy rotation for the day. You might have a 12-disc wallet thing that you brought into the car. This would be very similar, but more awesome.

Default Re: Home screen shortcuts for music albums - does this exist?

Anyone anything?? I want the same thing. Takes too long clicking into the apps, finding the album, etc.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I posted this question in a few places and requested the feature from a few developers. No luck.

download the app desktop visualizer and you can do this really easily.

set up a widget for it. You could import album art as the picture if you wanted.