Does having "recently opened apps" open shorten the battery life?

skstrials

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I started using a Galaxy S3 a couple weeks ago.

I am mostly getting used to it, but I noticed that when I close an app, the app goes to the task manager and I have to manually close it from there fully.

So what I want to know is
1. Is it necessary to close the apps from the task manager?
2. Up to how many apps can the task manager carry before it starts automatically closing apps?

Thanks!

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I started using a Galaxy S3 a couple weeks ago.

I am mostly getting used to it, but I noticed that when I close an app, the app goes to the task manager and I have to manually close it from there fully.

So what I want to know is
1. Is it necessary to close the apps from the task manager?
2. Up to how many apps can the task manager carry before it starts automatically closing apps?

Thanks!
I'm not exactly sure how it is for normal android, but a few custom roms have ways to tweak how the phone behavior at varying ram level, most new roms are so well optimized so they don't even have this feature. In "Developer options" menu in Settings, there is an option called "background process limit", but it doesn't save after each reboot.

One thing that's true is if you clear the apps from 'recent apps' menu, it will actually release some ram. So I would do it before loading a big game.

But overall, if your phone have 2gb of ram or more, you shouldn't really be concerned about clearing apps often.

One way your battery may be affected is due to "wakelock", you can use an app like Greenify to hibernate apps so they don't run in the background and use battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis