Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Those who have upgraded from a Galaxy S3 to a quadcore phone?

How much of a difference have you noticed in smoothness and performance? I've had my S3 for two years now and am considering making the jump to quadcore, though not sure which phone specifically.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Global Posts
    8,747 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Those who have upgraded from an S3 to a quadcore phone?

It doesn't matter how many cores the device has. All that matters is how it handles the cores it's given. What phones are you considering?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm looking at the following:

1. Note 3
    2. LG G Pro 2 (when available)
    3. LG G2/G3 (when available)
    4. Sony Z2

I'm tempted to wait it out for the Moto-X 2 as I love the features of the X but want them to release it with a bigger screen over 5", as close the 6" the better. I have a feeling that any of these phones would be quite a change in performance over my S3.

FYI, unlocked version of S3 does have quadcore. The Moto X has dualcore, but it out perform the Nexus 4 quadcore by a small margin, both are considered Snapdragon 400, but the one from the Moto X is more closer to 600.

It have a lot to do with the software as well, if you install CyanogenMod on the S3 you will get a pretty big boost in speed. S3 performance is still adequate if you put stock Android into consideration.

The phones you listed will be much much faster than the S2 dualcore version, but you just have to consider if it's worth the price. I wouldn't buy those device at their full cost which is going to be around $600-$650, but if you get subsidized pricing then I would go for the Sony Z2 (it seems to have the best design and least bloatwares from the list).

Global Posts
    4,436 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

I considered the LGs (for about 30 seconds) before I bought my Note 3s. Phones with non-replaceable batteries don't get used here.