how to add a new phone contact without corporate sync...

goodseed

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello All!

I am honestly pretty ignorant when it comes to messing with my phone so please bear with me. I am trying to add a new contact on my phone and something new just occurred. When I press the icon to add a new contact, it is requiring me to choose a corporate account in which to sync my contacts to before it even allows me to enter the contact. There does not appear to be an option to skip this. I do not want to sync my contacts with anything. I want my contacts on my local phone storage only. Is this something specific to just my phone? Any input on this? I am currently using a rooted LG spectrum running Avatar ROM version 3.0.1-1434-20130723-vs920. Any help would be great!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Which Contacts app? The stock Google Contacts app only asks whether you want the contact to go to Google or Phone (or SIM if it's a GSM phone). AFAIR, Go Contacts also doesn't have anything about a corporate account.

If this is a job-supplied phone, they may have replaced the Contacts app with one that requires all contacts to be added to some corporate account.