- 1 Posts
Just got my first android phone, Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, and I'm very impressed with it. Just a few little niggles.
1. I'm sure that when I was texting yesterday, that it showed the android smiley as I typed. Now it doesn't (just the bog standard :-) ) but it does show up in my sent bubble thing. Small thing, I know, but its really doing my head in. Think this phones made me OCD as I keep wanting to make it tidy and just right!!!
2. In Chrome, how do I move my bookmarks about the bookmark page so I can put them in order. I don't seem to be able to move them physically and can't find a menu option for it.
3. In the calender I've managed to make an event stretch over several days. But can I turn it to a different colour, than blue, to differentiate it from the others events.
Your help would be greatly appreciated and hopefully stop this OCD taking a hold!!!
PS If you yourself have OCD please don't take offence, I'm not taking the ****. My wife has it for a start.
- 03-02-2014, 04:27 PM #2
Re: Android Smileys
1) Not sure about this one, but I think there's an option in the messaging app settings that tells you if you want the actual emoticon, or just the characters.
2) I don't think these can be moved in the Chrome app.
3) The Google calendar allows you to change the event color prior to setting it. Not sure about the stock Samsung one
Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- 03-02-2014, 05:09 PM #3
Welcome to Android Central! You can't sort bookmarks on Chrome for Mobile. You need to do it in desktop Chrome
In Google Calendar, the colors are meant to distinguish between calendars, so you can't have multiple colors within one calendar.
EDIT: Whoops! My man UJ95x pointed out my error about the Google Calendar thing. You should be able to edit the color of the event by selecting it, tapping the Edit button, and then tapping the color palette icon at the top right. Sorry for the misinformation!
Posted via Android Central App
Last edited by B. Diddy; 03-02-2014 at 06:28 PM.
- By rebel2401 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 08-07-2014, 10:42 AM
- By Audux in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 03-05-2014, 01:16 AM
- By Dryophila in forum ChromebooksReplies: 2Last Post: 03-04-2014, 01:36 PM
- By Nexus 10 User in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 03-02-2014, 06:59 PM
- By nirajvashi in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 2Last Post: 03-02-2014, 02:15 PM