Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need help finding compatible U.S. Carrier.

I have this Phone, the Lenovo P780 smartphone. I just brought it recently for a fair and low price off a retailer. However, the phone has not yet released in the u.s. (and with all the shelving after saying they would release it in the U.S., well, I don't think it will)

But to the point, I found 2 sites that have the band frequencies for the phone, if anyone can find any others it would help, but here they are: Lenovo P780 - Full phone specifications and then this second one: Compare HTC Evo 3D vs Lenovo P780 - GSMArc.com

My question is, with these bands, what U.S. carrier is compatible? (I would like 4G but I see no 4G band there) so I am looking for a compatible U.S. carrier that will at least have me at around 3g. If someone could point out what is compatible with what i would very much appreciate it thanks.

Global Posts
    6,014 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Need help finding compatible U.S. Carrier.

There's no US carrier using 900MHz (we use th 950MHz band here) and the only carrier using 2100MHz also uses 1700MHz, so the phone won't be usable for 3G in the US. It also won't be usable for voice and text, because we use 850/1900, not 900/1800. The P780 would appear to be a European-only phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Need help finding compatible U.S. Carrier.

So there is not carrier, even smaller ones, that can use any of the the number bands for this phone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    There's no US carrier using 900MHz (we use th 950MHz band here) and the only carrier using 2100MHz also uses 1700MHz, so the phone won't be usable for 3G in the US. It also won't be usable for voice and text, because we use 850/1900, not 900/1800. The P780 would appear to be a European-only phone.
    So there is not carrier, even smaller ones, that can use any of the the number bands for this phone?