Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Nexus 5 rings even when set to vibrate/silent

Hey guys, weird problem here. I have a rooted Nexus 5 with KK 4.4.2 that rings even if set to vibrate. The phone vibrates once and then the rigner actually is set back to full volume. Pretty annoying during meetings.

Any ideas?

Global Posts
    7,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Nexus 5 rings even when set to vibrate/silent

Quote Originally Posted by tenf00t View Post
    Hey guys, weird problem here. I have a rooted Nexus 5 with KK 4.4.2 that rings even if set to vibrate. The phone vibrates once and then the rigner actually is set back to full volume. Pretty annoying during meetings.

Any ideas?
    Open Settings - Sounds. Check to make sure all the sounds are turned down. If you press the volume rocker all the way to silent and see the icon display silent then there should be no sound. If you still have sound something else could be interfering with the setting. Take a look at what's installed and consider a factory reset of the problem persist. It shouldn't be root related. At least not rooted itself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Open Settings - Sounds. Check to make sure all the sounds are turned down. If you press the volume rocker all the way to silent and see the icon display silent then there should be no sound. If you still have sound something else could be interfering with the setting. Take a look at what's installed and consider a factory reset of the problem persist. It shouldn't be root related. At least not rooted itself.
    It's really weird, If i press the volume rocker all the way down it does show the silent icon but as soon as I receive a call it goes all the way back up again. I assume a factory reset will solve my problem but was hoping to avoid that
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Ok, figured it out. I had the app Sound Profile installed which turns sound off at night and turns them back on in the morning. I had already tried disabling the app to see if it was the culprit but apparently it had to be uninstalled. I'll try to figure out if I can configure it some other way. Thank you

Global Posts
    7,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by tenf00t View Post
    Ok, figured it out. I had the app Sound Profile installed which turns sound off at night and turns them back on in the morning. I had already tried disabling the app to see if it was the culprit but apparently it had to be uninstalled. I'll try to figure out if I can configure it some other way. Thank you
    No problem - Glad you were able to find the culprit

Thanks for the tip... This was driving me crazy. I had "Profile Scheduler" installed and disabled, once I uninstalled it everything seems to be working again.