Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wrong music app plays when Bluetooth connects

Hi all;

I've searched the forums but haven't been able to find a thread on this subject.

I use Pandora for "radio" and Shuttle to listen to MP3s that I've copied/downloaded to my phone.

Problem is that when I get in my car and connect via Bluetooth, Shuttle starts up most of the time, even if I was listening to Pandora previously (e.g., listening to Pandora, park, run an errand, get back in car and Shuttle starts up when I start the car).

Today, I even had the situation where Pandora started up, played for a second or two, then Shuttle started up and "drowned it out".

Anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Wrong music app plays when Bluetooth connects

You can set the default app for audio, audio streaming and car dock. Get an app like Default App Manager and set the defaults the way you want them. If you have Shuttle set as the default app for mp3 files, that's what's going to play them, but if you just pick shuttle and play mp3 files with it, the phone isn't going to use Shuttle as the default mp3 player. (There's no "radio" to set a default app for.)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What I want it to do, though, is remember the last app I was using for "media". The problem isn't that it's playing MP3s with different apps, it's that it's playing MP3s at all when I'm trying to listen to Pandora. Does that make sense?

I haven't used Shuttle, but many music apps will have an option to automatically play when you connect to a Bluetooth audio device. You can check the settings in Shuttle to see if it has something like that enabled.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

There's actually a "resume playback" option under "headset" but that's unchecked.

What typically happens is I get in the car the first time and nothing plays, so I select Pandora manually.
    Then, when I stop the car, Pandora pauses, as it should.

When I get back in the car, that's when Shuttle starts up.

I guess I'll write to the Shuttle developers next, but I wanted to see if it might be a more general Android issue.

Posted via Android Central App

This happens to me too! HTC Rezound phone. I listen to podcasts on PocketCasts through bluetooth receiver in car, turn off car, and app stops playing. When i return, SOMETIMES, my phone opens Google Music and starts playing a random song from my Google Music app, even when i haven't been using it and it was in fact, not even open in the background. I've double checked settings on both apps and default programs to no avail. Surely this can be controlled somewhere!?!? I just want the SAME app i was previously using (and never pressed pause on) to restart when i re-engage bluetooth. Even if it just opened and I had to press "Play" again, that would be fine, but having to STOP another renegade app and then switch to the one I want to use is frustrating. Appreciate any help or insights anyone can share.

I'm having the exact same problem with my podcast app and Google play music. So I think we can conclude it's not a shuttle issue.

I'm on a galaxy s4 (verizon) and I'm driving a new prius. Anyone else want to post device and their car?