need help just got a polaroid pmid709 running android version 4.1.1

jeremy fontain

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
alright in new to the whole tablet scene and i just got that tablet and i downloaded google play store and it keeps crashing and also when i try to connect to my router i have to turn wifi off and on again for it to connect or else it wont connect and just says authentication problem. it also happens when the tablet iis in sleep mode. and also when it connect to the internet it says unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped can anyone help?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did the Google Play Store come preinstalled on your tablet, or did you download the .apk installer file from some other source and install it on your own? If it didn't come preinstalled, it may be that the tablet is not certified for the Play Store, and therefore may not be entirely compatible with it. Many off-brand devices have this kind of limitation, which means you have to install a 3rd party appstore to get apps. See the Polaroid support page here: www.southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/index.html#/polaroidsupport/index.html

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't know. A quick Google search only came up with a thread on how to root the PMID701C, which is probably not going to be quite the same.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
is it possible to root the polaroid pmid709?
It's possible to root any Android device. Is it possible to root the Polaroid by just running a program on your PC and clicking a button? Since it's not a popular device, maybe not. (An exploit has to be found to enable the rooting program to gain temporary root to allow it to root the device, and if not many people are looking for a way to do it on that device, one may not be found.)

You can always try Root Android phone, flash custom ROM and manage your Android devices, Rooting Freeware Download - Kingo The worst that will happen (aside from the time you waste downloading it) is that it will find that it has no exploit for that device, politely tell you that it can't root it and gracefully exit. But it has been known to be able to root dozens of phones and tablets.

Rooting won't help you with Play or wifi, though.

jeremy fontain

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
what is the purpose of rooting? tryed connecting it to my computer and windows cannot find a driver for it and that program just says not connected

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
what is the purpose of rooting? tryed connecting it to my computer and windows cannot find a driver for it and that program just says not connected

Rooting gives you superuser status, allowing you to install a custom ROM (which is a modified version of Android), which can give your device a more recent version of Android than what's usually available from the manufacturer. For example, if your device is on 4.1, and the manufacturer has no plans to release any more updates, then it would be possible to install a custom version of 4.3 or 4.4, if available. Keep in mind that custom ROMs often are works in progress, and can be buggy. Not all features may work.

Rooting also allows you to remove "bloatware" and other system apps, which you normally can't uninstall. As you can imagine, this can lead to problems if you don't know what you're doing, so I never recommend rooting to novices. I consider myself a pretty experienced Android user, and I never bother rooting myself--partly because I'm too lazy to learn, but also because I find that stock Android does all that I want it to do.