Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Everything Keeps Crashing.

I have a Motorola Photon Q.
    It worked fine last night and this morning, but when I got to campus it had rebooted itself. Fine, whatever. I tried to check something and it said "Unfortunately, XApp has stopped" with the report screen. Then it spammed that for every app and service I have on my phone. I have no idea how or why this happened.
    So far I've popped out the SD card to see if that helped anything (It hasn't)

It doesn't happen right away, it takes like five to eight seconds for everything to go to hell. I can't get a factory reset done in that time.

Global Posts
    8,105 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Everything Keeps Crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Boyce View Post
    I have a Motorola Photon Q.
    It worked fine last night and this morning, but when I got to campus it had rebooted itself. Fine, whatever. I tried to check something and it said "Unfortunately, XApp has stopped" with the report screen. Then it spammed that for every app and service I have on my phone. I have no idea how or why this happened.
    So far I've popped out the SD card to see if that helped anything (It hasn't)

It doesn't happen right away, it takes like five to eight seconds for everything to go to hell. I can't get a factory reset done in that time.
    Welcome to the forums! Before we factory reset lets try clearing the cache partition from recovery:

1. Power off the device
    2. Hold Volume Up
    3. While holding volume up, press and hold the power button (you should be holding volume up and power at the same time now)
    4. A red triangle should load with an Android laying down. Let go of power+power up then press both volume keys
    5a. Use volume down to scroll down to the wipe cache partition.
    5b (if wiping the cache partition doesn't work) Use volume down to scroll down to factory reset option and press power to accept
    6. Use volume down to scroll down to yes and press power to accept
    7. Once the cache wipe or reset is complete select reboot and press power to accept. The device will now reboot.

If wiping cache does not work after the reboot you'll need to go back into recovery and factory reset. Follow the same steps except go with 5b to factory reset.

Note: All user data (i.e. apps, text messages, contacts, etc. will be deleted.

Here is the Sprint support page with step by step and photos to reset through recovery: Perform a hardware factory reset - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE
    B. Diddy likes this.