New Tablet problem

scoop 64

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
My son broke his tablet so got him a new one, we used it to watch films on viooz on the old one using the hdmi connection to the tv.
but the new one we are having problems, it has 4.2.2 what ever that means, when we play films in viooz it plays at double speed and every sounds liike theyre on hilium, tried different browser, firefox, also tried to update flash player,flash playerwas already installed on new tablet,any one had this problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell us the brand and model number of the tablet? Model number can be found in the Settings>About Tablet menu.

4.2.2 refers to the version of Android that the tablet is running. 4.2.2 is also nicknamed "Jellybean," and is relatively recent.

I'm not familiar with Viooz, but from what I can tell, it's primarily intended for streaming on a desktop browser. Compatibility with mobile browsers for sites like these is not always guaranteed.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've tried it on both Firefox on my laptop and Dolphin on my phone (in desktop mode, with Flash) and it seems to work fine in both. (But the trash it throws up as "advertising" hardly makes it worth the bother.)

scoop 64

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi, model number is A70X, 4.2.2, kernal 3.4.39, whats desktop mode as Rukbat said? , and agreed does throw up alot of adds and rubbish, but handy for watching recent flims. thks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The model number A70X comes up with lots of different brands--do you know which one you have? You device is likely some generic Android tablet directly from a Chinese company that simply gets re-badged by whichever company wants to sell it, but knowing the brand might be helpful in case they have some kind of support page.

Desktop Mode is a feature in most Android browsers that forces the page to be shown as if you were on a desktop computer, instead of a mobile device. Depending on the device, certain websites might detect that you're on an Android device, and automatically show the mobile version of the site, which may not be as fully functional as the desktop version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech