- 1 Posts
SD Card Music Not Showing Up On Music Player
I recently bought an SD card for my Samsung Galaxy Centura, mainly so I could store music on it without taking up much of the memory. The odd thing is, when i went to play some music using the music player, only about a quarter of the songs showed up. When I used Android File Manage to check the SD card, they were all there and playable. All the songs are MP3 format. Can anyone tell me how I can get the songs to work on the music player?
- 03-06-2014, 03:34 PM #2
Re: SD Card Music Not Showing Up On Music Player
Have you restarted the phone since you put the music on the card? About the only thing I can think of is that your media scanner isn't working properly, and it didn't pick up those songs when you added them. (Restarting the phone forces the media scanner to start from scratch). I just added, deleted and moved some mp3 files around the SD card, and Music, the default music player, picked up every change and now shows what's there. You are on Songs at the top, not on Albums, Playlists or Artists, right?
Even when I cleared out all the mp3 tag data from one song, it shows it by the file title (which happens to be the name of the song).
If you're using some other music player, post a link to it, so I can install it and try to see what it's doing.
- 07-23-2014, 08:58 AM #3
- By Eddster in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 44Last Post: 08-27-2014, 09:40 PM
- By Skydaver in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 6Last Post: 03-13-2014, 06:46 PM
- By Nospam Spamnot in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 03-09-2014, 04:30 PM
- By speddie303 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 03-05-2014, 07:20 PM
- By lgbalfa in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 0Last Post: 03-05-2014, 07:01 PM