My Huawei phone has about 7gb left, but it wont download apps ?

zisnots

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys n girls

Here comes the problem:

I got around 7gb storage left, and when I go to Google Play Market, and download apps which got hmm.. well, 24 mb, it wont download it.. It says something like "There is little amount of storage left" and I can't understand it.

I have tried to go into seetings, and change it to "sd-card" but it is the same problem!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
7GB of internal storage? You don't download to, or install to, the internal or external SD card, so the amount you have free there doesn't matter. You need enough internal storage to download the apk file (which is an installer) and install the app. (Even if you run an app that sets the phone to default to installing apps on the SD card, only some [pretty few] apps CAN install to the SD card, and they have to download to internal storage first. (And there has to be enough internal storage left for a link to where the app was installed on external storage.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! To piggyback on Rukbat's response, it would also be important to know how your phone's storage is partitioned, because it may be that it's split into an App Storage partition and an Internal "SD" partition (the latter of which might be what you're seeing as 7 GB). My old Razr Maxx is partitioned into 3 GB of App Storage (where apps are installed), and about 10 GB if Internal Storage, which acts like an SD card. See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

It'd be helpful to see a screenshot of your Settings>Storage​ menu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2