My samsung galaxy s3 doesn't update

littleguy15

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
ok I have a problem... my Samsung galaxy s3 doesn't update... when I go to settings and I update it says that 'it has all the latest updates' but it hasn't... and when I try to update it from kies it says that my phone does not support initialising... what can I do?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
ok I have a problem... my Samsung galaxy s3 doesn't update... when I go to settings and I update it says that 'it has all the latest updates' but it hasn't... and when I try to update it from kies it says that my phone does not support initialising... what can I do?

Welcome to Android Central :)
Like the above post said, posting that would be helpful. Also, what version of Kies are you using?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Latest updates" means "the latest updates that your carrier is sending to this model phone". Even if new version has been out and working for 6 months, it doesn't mean that your carrier has released a version for that model phone. It's up to the carrier when - and if - it's released. (And some carriers - the smaller regional ones - just don't issue firmware updates.)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The over the air (ota) update is probably no longer available. You may need to use Kies to update from a computer or take it to a carrier store.

I'm pretty sure that all S3's have been updated to 4.3 (jellybean).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC