Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Updated to 4.3, now I can't bring up company contacts on keypad in phone app (Galaxy S3)

Howdy,

I'm running 4.3 on my AT&T (not sure if that is relevant) Galaxy S3. A few weeks ago I updated it to 4.3 when I saw a message that an update was available.

I keep a lot of work contacts in the phone but over the years I've built a collection of "contacts" that have no first/last name but are simply just a "Company" field with a phone and fax number.

Before 4.3 I could use the keypad in the stock Phone app to spell out company names (e.g. I could pull up the number for "XYZ Widgets, Inc." by typing "XYZ", just like searching for a person's name).

Ever since 4.3 I've been unable to do this. I go into my contacts and they are still shown there. But they do not show up when I'm typing them out. So I have a workaround but it's cumbersome.

Does anyone know of any settings I can change to try to fix this? I took some screen captures of the menu options I have under "call settings" in the Phone app. Link: http://i.imgur.com/xxhGXFK.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: Updated to 4.3, now I can't bring up company contacts on keypad in phone app (Galaxy S3)

Any updates??? I"m having the same issues, but more... When I try to search contacts by "company name" I get no results if the contact also includes a personal name in its profile. Which is driving me crazy because I use my phone primarily for business and have thousands of contacts and rarely remember them by name, instead I have always searched for them by "company name". And of course, I've always checked the "search by company" option in contact settings. Any help???