Issues with Google Play

xgdroid

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I am a new Android user (see ya iphone) just trying to find my way around. For the most part everything is intuitive but I'm having trouble finding paid apps in the Google Play store. Every search comes up with free apps only. I've tried clicking on the apps section instead of searching but I get the same thing. I should note that I have successfully downloaded free apps and one paid app. The paid app was found via search and was the root version of Titanium backup however I have not rooted my device yet and it does no appear in the app drawer.
My device specifics are as follows:
LG G2 AT&T version running Kit Kat 4.4
I hope this helps and thanks for looking.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am a new Android user (see ya iphone) just trying to find my way around. For the most part everything is intuitive but I'm having trouble finding paid apps in the Google Play store. Every search comes up with free apps only. I've tried clicking on the apps section instead of searching but I get the same thing. I should note that I have successfully downloaded free apps and one paid app. The paid app was found via search and was the root version of Titanium backup however I have not rooted my device yet and it does no appear in the app drawer.
My device specifics are as follows:
LG G2 AT&T version running Kit Kat 4.4
I hope this helps and thanks for looking.

Welcome to the forums.
Are you looking on your phone or on a desktop?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my phone using the app as well as chrome but getting the same results.

It might depend on the app. There may not always be a paid version, there may be a way to get rid of ads in the app itself.
What specifically did you have in mind?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

xgdroid

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Well I looked at some reviews for Sophos antivirus and I prefer to support the company so I wanted to get the paid version. I get the same thing when I search for Avast and AVG. It's very frustrating.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I looked at some reviews for Sophos antivirus and I prefer to support the company so I wanted to get the paid version. I get the same thing when I search for Avast and AVG. It's very frustrating.

I just took a look and I couldn't find a paid version of their app on Play either. It may be an in app upgrade only.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Play is Google's official app store. The paid version of the app might be in the app somewhere.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree. A number of apps will either allow you to upgrade (or donate) within the app, or will direct you to the website.

And kudos to you for wanting to support the devs!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Avast (I don't know about the others) has an "Upgrade to Premium" button when you first install it.