Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zebo427
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Help identify Ad on screen

Not that it might matter, but I have a galaxy S4. Had it for awhile and pretty much run the standard apps I always have even on my old bionic without issues. In the last few weeks I started noticing a sort of pop up ad. It only shows a few times during the day and only right after I unlock my screen.

So far I have uninstalled the last few apps I put on and no luck. Even though these apps are ones I have used in the past with no issues. All my apps are from the google play store too.

I put Avast on it and it reports no viruses. I installed Lookout Ad Network Detector and it doesn't find anything.

This is a full screen ad, not in the notification panel. Most of the time it shows a Kindle Fire ad. I just hit the back button and it goes away.

I did visit winrar.com using firefox which might be a fake site for the real rarlabs.com which make winrar. Other than that I can't really think of anything I might have done to cause this.

I have gone through most of my apps looking at settings to see if any have options for ads and no luck.

Anyone have any ideas on how to figure it out.

Thanks

Default Re: Help identify Ad on screen

Welcome to Android Central! It is most likely from some app you installed, so you might have to uninstall your most recently installed apps one by one until the behavior stops. Ad network detector apps probably won't do much, since I think they're mostly for ads that show in the Notification Bar.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Help identify Ad on screen

Figured it out. Sound Profile last update for the free version added in ADs when switching profiles. By looking at the reviews pretty much everyone is mad about it. Oh well, I will either deal or buy.
    B. Diddy likes this.