Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3: Is there a way to turn off the email counter on the email icon?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I am using the native email application with an Exchange account. I do not like the email counter telling me how many unread messages I have. I have notifications turned off so I do not have anything showing up in my notification bar. Is there a way to disable to email counter?

Default Re: Note 3: Is there a way to turn off the email counter on the email icon?

Quote Originally Posted by ijinx2008 View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I am using the native email application with an Exchange account. I do not like the email counter telling me how many unread messages I have. I have notifications turned off so I do not have anything showing up in my notification bar. Is there a way to disable to email counter?
    Not that I know of with TouchWiz, you could try Nova Launcher, without the tesla unread plugin, but you would lose the unread count on your messaging app also.

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Note 3: Is there a way to turn off the email counter on the email icon?

Are you referring to the icon on the home screen? If so, remove the icon then add it back from the app drawer. Perhaps there's a widget installed and it's giving the unread count.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Are you referring to the icon on the home screen? If so, remove the icon then add it back from the app drawer. Perhaps there's a widget installed and it's giving the unread count.

It's the native email icon, in TouchWiz it will show the unread count on the icon, on the home screen, the dock, and the app drawer, the icon always shows the unread count

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by rusty502 View Post
    It's the native email icon, in TouchWiz it will show the unread count on the icon, on the home screen, the dock, and the app drawer, the icon always shows the unread count
    Ah, OK. I know that you can add an icon as a widget to show those type of notifications. Didn't know the Note 3 does it in that way.