Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Talking text messages?

Just wondering if there is such a thing as having your incoming text messages spoken to you out loud? If so, how do you make it happen? That would be handy when driving, but I would not want it 100 percent of the time.

Deb from my Note 3
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    Just wondering if there is such a thing as having your incoming text messages spoken to you out loud? If so, how do you make it happen? That would be handy when driving, but I would not want it 100 percent of the time.

Deb from my Note 3
    I pretty sure the note has a talk back mode to read aloud incoming messages and caller id's. It should be under Settings > Accessibility > Talk back. Let us know if that's what you were looking for or if you have further questions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Talking text messages?

It is called MMS you basiclly record your voice and then you send it to another persson with a text message but you add multimedia in it

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks but will that make incoming text messages talk to me instead of me having to read them?

Deb from my Note 3

You just open them and you hear the message

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Deb from my Note 3
    I pretty sure the note has a talk back mode to read aloud incoming messages and caller id's. It should be under Settings > Accessibility > Talk back. Let us know if that's what you were looking for or if you have further questions.

Banned

Install the free app 'DriveSafe.ly'
    ShaggyKids likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post

There is a lot of stuff in there to sift through but checking it out, thanks!

Deb from my Note 3

You have a note 3. Of course S Voice will read incoming text messages. You have to enable Hands Free Mode in the app.

Posted via the Android Central App