Just wondering if there is such a thing as having your incoming text messages spoken to you out loud? If so, how do you make it happen? That would be handy when driving, but I would not want it 100 percent of the time.

Deb from my Note 3
    03-09-2014 02:55 PM
    Just wondering if there is such a thing as having your incoming text messages spoken to you out loud? If so, how do you make it happen? That would be handy when driving, but I would not want it 100 percent of the time.

Deb from my Note 3
    I pretty sure the note has a talk back mode to read aloud incoming messages and caller id's. It should be under Settings > Accessibility > Talk back. Let us know if that's what you were looking for or if you have further questions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    It is called MMS you basiclly record your voice and then you send it to another persson with a text message but you add multimedia in it

Posted via Android Central App
    03-09-2014 03:00 PM
    Thanks but will that make incoming text messages talk to me instead of me having to read them?

Deb from my Note 3
    03-09-2014 03:01 PM
    You just open them and you hear the message

Posted via Android Central App
    03-09-2014 03:04 PM

Deb from my Note 3
    I pretty sure the note has a talk back mode to read aloud incoming messages and caller id's. It should be under Settings > Accessibility > Talk back. Let us know if that's what you were looking for or if you have further questions.

03-09-2014 04:28 PM
    Install the free app 'DriveSafe.ly'
    ShaggyKids likes this.
    03-11-2014 06:33 PM

There is a lot of stuff in there to sift through but checking it out, thanks!

Deb from my Note 3
    03-12-2014 01:30 AM
    You have a note 3. Of course S Voice will read incoming text messages. You have to enable Hands Free Mode in the app.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-09-2015 05:58 PM